UPSC IAS Preliminary 2018 Registration Application Dates Eligibility. UPSC IAS 2018 Application Exam Date | UPSC Civil Services 2018. Uttar Public Service Commission UPSC has released examination schedule for civil services preliminary examination 2018. Here we are providing the exam date, application form, how to apply, eligibility criteria, seat reservation.
UPSC IAS Preliminary 2018
UPSC IAS Preliminary 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidates must have a holding degree in any discipline from a recognised university by the state or central government of India.
- Age Limit- According to official notice 2018 (If there is change we will update)
|Category||Upper age limit||No. of attempts|
|Unreserved (GEN)||32 Years||06 Attempts|
|OBC||35 Years||09 Attempts|
|SC/ST||37 Years||No bar|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)||42 Years||GEN/OBC= 09 Attempts|
SC/ST= No bar
|J & K Domicile||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC= 40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs, PH=50 Yrs||No bar|
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC=40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs.||No bar|
UPSC IAS Preliminary 2018 Important Dates:
|Notification will be issued||End of February 2018|
|Last Date of Application form||End of March 2018|
|Civil services Preliminary Exam||End of June 2018|
|Result of Pre Exam||Aug 2018|
|Date of Main examination||October 2018|
UPSC IAS Preliminary 2018 Application:
- The application form for IAS exam 2018 will be available from February 2018. The applicants have to apply online from the official website.
- First of all, candidates can visit the official site of UPSC.
- Click on the link and start fill online application form.
- Fill basic details such as educational and personal details.
- Upload digital photograph and signature in the as per given format.
- Finally pay fees then review your application and take print out of future reference.
The application fee is Rs. 100/- for Gen category and free for female candidates. Candidates can pay via online and offline mode.
Posts the finally selected candidates will be recruited:
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group A
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise), Group A
- Indian Postal Service, Group A
- Indian Defence Accounts Services, Group A
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group A (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Revenue Services (IT), Group A
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group A
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group A
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group A
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group A
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group A
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group A
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Services, Group B
- Indian Trade Service, Group A (Gr. III)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group B.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group A
- Armed Forces Headquarter civil service, Group B (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Pondicherry Police Services, Group B
- Pondicherry Civil Services, Group B
There will be have three stages-
- Preliminary examination (MCQ type),
- Mains examination (descriptive type)
- Personal Interview.
- The question paper will be of objective type.
- The question paper will be available both in English & Hindi language.
- Negative marking will be allowed.
- There will be a deducted of 1/3 marks for each wrong answer.
|Name of the paper||No. of MCQs||Max. marks||Minimum marks||Duration of exam|
|General Studies Paper I||100||200||33%||2 hours (120 min)|
|General Studies paper II||80||200||2 hours (120 min)|
|General Studies paper II (X series)||80||200||2 hours 20 minutes|
UPSC IAS 2018 Admit Card:
- E-admit card will be available from official site of UPSC.
- Download admit card using their credentials.
- Admit card will contains all important details.
- Without admit card will not enter in examination hall.
Cut off Marks and Result:
- UPSC will issue the cut offs for Civil Services Exam 2018.
- Selection will be made on the basis of the Cut off (merit list).
Civil services Mains exam 2018:
- Civil services pre exam qualified candidates of civil will be eligible to attempt civil services Mains examination 2018.
- The civil services main examination 2018 is qualifying in nature.