UPSC Civil Services 2019 or UPSC Civil Services Pre Exam or UPSC IAS 2018 Application Registration Exam Date: For civil services preliminary examination 2019 has been released by the UPSC (Uttar Pradesh Service Commission). This article will give you the complete description about exam date, application form, how to apply, eligibility criteria &seat reservation.
UPSC Civil Services 2019
UPSC Civil Services 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidates must hold a bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university by the central or state government of India.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must be an energetic and interpersonal skill.
|· Category||Upper age limit||No. of attempts|
|Unreserved (GEN)||32 Years||06 Attempts|
|OBC||35 Years||09 Attempts|
|SC/ST||37 Years||No bar|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)||42 Years||GEN/OBC= 09 Attempts
SC/ST= No bar
|J & K Domicile||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC= 40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs, PH=50 Yrs||No bar|
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.||GEN=37 Yrs, OBC=40 Yrs, SC/ST=40 Yrs.||No bar|
UPSC Civil Services 2019 Important Dates:
|Notification will be issued||First week of February 2019|
|Deadline of Application form||March 2019|
|Civil Services Preliminary Exam||June 2019|
|Result of Pre Exam||Aug 2019|
|Date of Main examination||End of October 2019|
UPSC Civil Services 2019 Application form:
- Application forms will be available on the official website online.
- Application forms of IAS will be released in mid-February 2019.
- First and the foremost step is to visit the official website of UPSC & click on the link & fill the application form.
- Basic & educational details were to be filled by the applicants.
- Applicants need to upload their scanned images i.e. their photograph & signature in the given format.
- Remit the application fee charges and take a printout copy of it for further use.
UPSC Civil Services 2019 Application Fees:
- Application fee amount’s to Rs-100/- and which can be paid through Cash or Net Banking.
- Female & Reserved candidates are exempted from application fee.
Posts the finally selected candidates will be recruited:
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Group A
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise), Group A
- Indian Postal Service, Group A
- Indian Defence Accounts Services, Group A
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group A (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Revenue Services (IT), Group A
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group A
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group A
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group A
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group A
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group A
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group A
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Services, Group B
- Pondicherry Police Services, Group B
- Pondicherry Civil Services, Group B
- Indian Trade Service, Group A (Gr. III)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group B.
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group A
- Armed Forces Headquarter civil service, Group B (Section Officer’s Grade)
UPSC Civil Services 2019 Selection Procedure:
Selection Procedure is divided into three-phase –
- Preliminary examination (MCQ type),
- Mains examination (descriptive type)
- Personal Interview.
- Question Paper- (MCQ) Objective Type which carries 400 marks
- Language- Hindi & English mode
- Marking Scheme- 1/3 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer
|Name of the paper||No. of MCQs||Max. marks||Minimum marks||Duration of exam|
|General Studies Paper I||100||200||33%||2 hours (120 min)|
|General Studies Paper-II||80||200||2 hours (120 min)|
|General Studies paper II (X series)||80||200||2 hours 20 minutes|
UPSC Civil Services 2019 Admit Card:
- Admit Card will be available on the official website of UPSC & candidates can download it by entering their credentials.
- Admit Card contains all the details related to the candidate, venue, date & timings of the examination
- No entry without admit card.
UPSC Civil Services 2019 Cut off Marks and Result:
- Selection will be on the basis of the Cut off (merit list).
- UPSC will issue the cut-off for Civil Services Examination.
- Selected candidates will be called for UPSC Main Exam 2019.
- Then again cut off will issue and meritorious candidates will be called for the Interview section.
Civil services Mains exam 2019:
- Qualifying in nature- Civil Services Main Examination, 2019.
- Eligibility- Pre-qualified candidates can appear for Civil Services Main Examination, 2018
- Rest details regarding the UPSC Main Exam will be updated soon