NTA UGC NET 2020 NET 2020 Application Registration Exam Date Eligibility. Also, Know as NET Exam 2020 or UGC NET Exam 2020 or UGC NET Application 2020 or UGC NET Registration 2020. For the first time, the NTA (National Testing Agency) is going to hold the exam on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC). Earlier the exam used to be held by the CBSE board but from this year onward i.e 2020, NTA will conduct the exam. The exam is conducted for Assistant Professor or for Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professor both.
NTA NET 2020 Exam Dates Application form
The examination of NTA UGC NET will now be held once in a year. Interested and Eligible candidates can read this article about the exam date, eligibility, selection procedure, application form.
NTA UGC NET 2020 Exam Date:
NTA UGC NET is scheduled two times in a year i.e. in the month of January and July. Candidates can check all the important dates of NTA NET for January session from here:
As per the latest news, UGC NET exam will be conducted twice a year.
|Issue of Notification||Updated Soon|
|Online application form available from||Updated Soon|
|Last date to submit application||Updated Soon|
|Last date of fee submission through online generated Bank Challan||Updated Soon|
|Correction window application form||Updated Soon|
|Admit Card will release||Updated Soon|
|Examination Date||Updated Soon|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet||Updated Soon|
|Declaration of Result||Updated Soon|
NTA UGC NET 2020 Application Form:
- The online application link will be updated on the official site of NTA which is nta.ac.in
- First of all, candidates need to register themselves.
- After getting the registration number and password, log in to apply.
- Fill personal, education and qualification details as per your testimonials.
- Then uploads images as per given format.
- Review your application and proceed to pay application through online and offline mode.
- All details should have correct and as per your documents.
- Finally, the print confirmation application page for future use.
- Application correction window will be open after the application form process.
|General Candidates||Rs. 600/-|
|OBC-NCL Candidates||Rs. 300/-|
|SC/ST/PWD Candidates||Rs. 150/-|
Mode of Payment:
- The application fee is payable through credit/ debit card or through e-challan.
- Candidates submitting the fee through e-challan have to make the payment in cash to Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC bank.
NTA UGC NET 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates must be holding a Masters or equivalent degree from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC.
- Subjects: The qualifying examination must be passed in subjects like Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science, etc.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must be secured 55% (50% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD categories).
- Final year/appearing Candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Relaxation: Relaxation of 5% marks in qualifying examination shall be given to Ph.D. degree holders whose master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991.
For Junior Research Fellowship:
- Age Limit: The upper age limit is 30 years (revised) as on 1st January 2019.
- Relaxation: Five years relaxation in the upper age limit will be provided to OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category candidates. Relaxation will also be given to the candidates having research experience. Candidates possessing LL.M. degree will be eligible for three years of relaxation in age.
For Assistant Professor:
- Age Limit: No upper age limit.
Who are Exempted From Appearing NTA UGC NET (For Assistant Professor)?
- Ph.D. Degree Holders.
- UGC/CSIR JRF Qualified Candidates: The condition is that the examination must be passed prior to 1989.
- States Eligibility Test (SET) Candidates: The qualified candidates of SET (held prior to 1st June 2002) are exempted from appearing in NET.
Exam Pattern 2020 (revised):
|Paper I||50 questions (all compulsory)||100||60 min (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.)|
|Paper II||100 questions (all compulsory)|
Subject selected by the candidates
|200||120 min (11:00 A.M. to 01:00 A.M.)|
NTA UGC NET 2020 Admit Card:
- The admit card will be issued by the CBSE at the official site.
- Candidates need to bring the admit card with ID proof and color recent photographs.
- Admit card is mandatory to seat in the examination.
NTA UGC NET 2020 Answer Key:
- After the examination, the exam conducting authority will release the CBSE UGC NET answer key 2019.
- The answer key will be issued after 45 days of examination.
- Candidates also have the opportunity to challenge the OMR Sheet/answer key.
- For challenging each question, the authority will charge Rs. 1000/-. If the challenge is accepted, then the fee will be refunded.
NTA UGC NET 2020 Cut-Off :
The minimum qualifying marks for the award of JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor in paper-I, paper-II and paper-III am listed below:
|Category||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|General||40 marks (40%)||40 marks (40%)||75 marks (50%)|
|OBC-NCL/PwD/SC/ST||35 marks (35%)||35 marks (35%)||60 marks (40%)|
NTA UGC NET 2020 Merit list:
- Merit list will be prepared using the aggregate scores of candidates in all the three papers.
- Merit list will be prepared as per the cut off (Subject wise).
- First 15% of candidates will be declared qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor only. Separate merit list for JRF will be prepared from amongst 15% UGC NET qualifiers.