CA CPT Syllabus 2019 Examination Updated Check here . The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India CA CPT introduces new Syllabus for June 2019 examination. Recently The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India has already announced that they will make some changes in CA course from 2019. The new CA CPT Syllabus 2019 has been updated here on this page.
CA CPT Syllabus 2019
ICAI has changed the entrance test CA CPT (common proficiency test) to CA Foundation course. ICAI’s CA Foundation exam will be conducted twice a year in the months of May and December. New syllabus will be applicable from June 2019 session.
CA CPT Syllabus 2019 Updated:
Paper I: Principles and Practices of Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper 2: Mercantile Law & General English (100 Marks)
- Part I: Mercantile Law (60 Marks)
- Part II: General English (40 Marks)
Paper 3*: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning & Statistics (100 Marks)
- Part I: Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning (60 Marks)
- Part II: Statistics (40 Marks)
Paper 4*: Business Economics & Business and Commercial Knowledge (100 Marks)
- Part I: Business Economics (60 Marks)
- Part II: Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
*Paper 3 and Paper 4 will be Objective type papers
- Passing percentage: Aggregate- 50% and Subject-wise- 40% at one sitting.
- Objective type question of 1 or more marks.
- Examination: In the month of November and May after passing Class XII
CA CPT Syllabus 2019 June Updated:
|Old Scheme||New Scheme|
|CA CPT||CA Foundation|
|200 marks||400 marks|
|Fundamental of Accounting 60 marks (Objective)||Principles and Practices 100 marks (Subjective)|
|Mercantile Law 40 marks (Objective)||Mercantile Law 60 marks (Subjective)|
|General Economics (50 Marks) (Objective)||Business Economics (60 marks) and Commercial Knowledge (40 marks) (Objective)|
|Quantitative Aptitude (50 marks) (Objective)||Business Mathematic (40 marks), Logical Reasoning (20 marks) and Business Statistics (40 marks)|
Paper 1: Principles and Practices of Accounting
New topics are added:
- Average due date and account current.
- Departmental Accounts.
Paper 2 (Part I): Mercantile Laws
New topic are added: (15 Marks)
- The Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008: Introduction- covering nature and scope, Essential features, characteristics of LLP, Incorporation and differences with other forms of organizations.
- The Companies Act, 2013 [section 1 to 22]: Important definitions, Introduction of company & corporate veil theory, Classes of companies, Conversion of company, Incorporation of company, Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association, Alteration of Memorandum and Articles, Doctrine of Indoor Management, Conversion of companies already registered, Promoters, Service of documents.
Paper 2 (Part II): General English
Section A = Comprehension Passages and Note Making
Section B= Article Writing, Report Writing, Writing Formal Letters, Writing Mails, Resume Writing
Section C = Introduction to Basic Writing, Nouns, Pronouns and Verbs, Articles, Adjectives and Adverbs, Prepositions, Conjunctions and Interjections, Direct Indirect, Active – Passive Speech, Vocabulary, Root Words, Synonyms, Antonyms, Prefixes, Suffixes, Phrasal verbs, Collocations and Idioms.
Paper 3 (Section A): Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning
New topics are added:
- Algebra of Matrices, Inverse of a Matrix and determinants, solving system of equations using matrix method (Cramer’s rule) involving not more than 3 variables.
- Nominal rate of return
- Compound Annual growth rate (CAGR)
Logical reasoning is new paper carrying (20 Marks)
- Number series coding and decoding and odd man out
- Blood relations
- Seating arrangements
- Direct Tests
Paper 3 (Section B): Business Statistics
Paper 4 (Part I): Business Economics
New topics are added:
- Introduction to Business Economics
- Meaning of Business Economics
- Objectives of Business Firm- Profit Maximization, Sales Maximization, Growth Maximization.
- Business Cycles
Some topics are shifted to Intermediate basis:
- Macro Economics
- Indian Economy
Paper 4 (Part II): Business and Commercial Knowledge
Introducing new paper
Introduction to Business
Nature of Business, Profession and Employment, Objectives of Business. Business and Commercial Knowledge. Economic and Non-Economic Activities.
Micro and Macro Environment, Elements of Micro Environment –
Consumers/Customers, Competitors, Organization, Market, suppliers, Intermediaries, Elements of Macro Environment – Demographic, Economic, Political-legal, Sociocultural, Technological, Global Environment.
Business organizations Top Indian and Global Companies.
Government Policies for Business Growth
Policies creating conducive business environment – Startups,E-commerce. Liberalization, Privatization, Foreign Direct Investment.
Organizations facilitating Business
Indian regulatory bodies – SEBI, RBI, IRDA, CCI, FMC, CBDT, CBEC Indian Development Banks – IFCI, IDBI, SIDBI, EXIM Bank,NABARD
Global organizations and world trade bodies – IMF, ADB, WTO, OECD, SAARC, ASEAN, OPEC.
Accounting Bodies – IFAC,IASB, IESB, CAPA, SAFA, AOSSG.
Common Business and Commercial Terminologies
Finance, Marketing and other business terms. Stock Market Terminology.