CBSE UGC NET 2018 Application Registration Exam Date Eligibility. Also Know as NET Exam 2018 or UGC NET Exam 2018 or UGC NET Application 2018 or CBSE UGC NET Registration 2018. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) holds the National Eligibility Test (NET) on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC). CBSE UGC NET conducts for Assistant Professor or for Junior Research Fellowship & Assistant Professor both.
CBSE UGC NET 2018
The offline examination of CBSE UGC NET is conducted two times in a year (January and July month). Interested and Eligible candidates can read this article about the exam date, eligibility, selection procedure, application form.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Exam Date:
CBSE UGC NET is scheduled two times in a year i.e. in the month of January and July. Candidates can check all the important dates of CBSE NET for January session from here:
|Issue of Notification||First week of September 2018|
|Online application form available from||Third week of October 2018|
|Last date to submit application||Fourth week of November 2018|
|Last date of fee submission through online generated Bank Challan||End of November 2018|
|Correction window application form||November/December 2018|
|Admit Card will release||End of December 2018|
|Examination Date||End of January 2019|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet||March 2019|
|Declaration of Result||May 2019|
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Application Form:
- Online application link will be updated on the official site of Cbsenet.nic.in
- First of all candidates need to register themselves.
- After getting the registration number and password, login to apply.
- Fill personal, education and qualification details as per your testimonials.
- Then uploads images as per given format.
- Review your application and proceed to pay application through online and offline mode.
- All details should have correct and as per your documents.
- Finally print confirmation application page for future use.
- Application correction window will be open after application form process.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Application Fee:
|General Candidates||Rs. 600/-|
|OBC-NCL Candidates||Rs. 300/-|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 150/-|
Mode of Payment:
- CBSE UGC NET 2018 Application fee is payable through credit/ debit card or through e-challan.
- Candidates submitting the fee through e-challan have to make the payment in cash to Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC bank.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates must be holding Master’s or equivalent degree from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC.
- Subjects: The qualifying examination must be passed in subjects like Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science &Applications, Electronic Science etc.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must be secured 55% (50% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD categories).
- Final year/appearing Candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Relaxation: Relaxation of 5% marks in qualifying examination shall be given to PhD. degree holders whose master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991.
For Junior Research Fellowship:
- Age Limit: The upper age limit is 28 years as on 1st January 2018.
- Relaxation: Five years relaxation in the upper age limit will be provided to OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD category candidates. Relaxation will also be given to the candidates having research experience. Candidates possessing LL.M. degree will be eligible for three years relaxation in age.
For Assistant Professor:
- Age Limit: No upper age limit.
Who are Exempted From Appearing CBSE UGC NET (For Assistant Professor)?
- Ph.D Degree Holders.
- UGC/CSIR JRF Qualified Candidates: The condition is that the examination must be passed prior to 1989.
- States Eligibility Test (SET) Candidates: The qualified candidates of SET (held prior to 1st June 2002) are exempted from appearing in NET.
CBSE UGC NET Exam Pattern 2018:
|Paper I||60 out of which 50 questions to be attempted||100||75 min (09:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M.)|
|Paper II||50 questions (all compulsory)||100||75 min (09:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M.)|
|Paper III||75 questions (all compulsory)||150||150 min (02:00 P.M. to 04:30 P.M.)|
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Admit Card:
- CBSE UGC NET 2018 admit card will be issued by the CBSE at official site.
- Candidates need to bring the admit card with ID proof and colour recent photographs.
- Admit card is mandatory to seat in the examination.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Answer Key:
- After the examination, the exam conducting authority will release the CBSE UGC NET answer key 2018.
- Answer key will be issued after 45 days of examination.
- Candidates also have the opportunity to challenge the OMR Sheet/answer key.
- For challenging each question, the authority will charge Rs. 1000/-. If the challenge is accepted, then the fee will be refunded.
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Cut-Off :
The minimum qualifying marks for the award of JRF and eligibility for Assistant Professor in paper-I, paper-II and paper-III is listed below:
|Category||Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained|
|General||40 marks (40%)||40 marks (40%)||75 marks (50%)|
|OBC-NCL/PwD/SC/ST||35 marks (35%)||35 marks (35%)||60 marks (40%)|
CBSE UGC NET 2018 Merit list:
- Merit list will be prepared using the aggregate scores of candidates in all the three papers.
- Merit list will be prepared as per the cut off (Subject wise).
- First 15% candidates will be declared qualified for eligibility for Assistant Professor only. Separate merit list for JRF will be prepared from amongst 15% UGC NET qualifiers.